Semi-truck accidents differ from car accidents because semi-trucks weigh more than cars. Thus, if there is any injury from semi-truck accidents, the intensity will be greater than a vehicle’s average injuries. The collision with the semi-trucks will lead to severe damages and injuries.
If there is a semi-truck accident due to negligence, there is a case of persofnal injury, and you can claim compensation. However, many people are unaware of the legal options for semi-truck accidents. So, in this article, we will discuss the legal options and the process after the semi-truck accident in Las Vegas. However, it is better to be attentive to avoid while driving in Las Vegas to be safe from accidents.
What is the Process of an Insurance Claim in a Semi-Truck Accident?
- Seeking Immediate Medical Attention: The first and foremost priority is the victim’s health; therefore, you must take medical care. It is not only essential for your well-being, but it also provides medical records as evidence in the legal claims.
- Contacting Law Enforcement: In the next step after the semi-truck accident, you must get police enforcement and inform them about the accident. They will conduct an investigation; their reports will be essential for your claims.
- Gather Evidence: Once you are done with police complaints, you must gather as much information about the incident as possible. You can take photos and videos and witness testimonies for your help.
- Identifying Liabilities: This is the most crucial stage where liability is determined. It may fall on the truck driver, trucking company, manufacturer, or any other party. There will be a deep investigation to understand the liable parties.
- Insurance Claims: In the next step, you must file an insurance claim in which the at-fault party’s insurance company will pay you the compensation. You must provide all the required evidence to support your claims and help you in your case. The shares must include costs of medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Negotiating with the Insurance Companies: Insurance companies try to minimize the insurance claims; therefore, this negotiation plays a vital role in your claims. You have to consult an experienced lawyer with expertise in dealing with insurance companies for talks.
- Settlement Procedure: If there is a discussion and you are about to accept the compensation, there will be a settlement between you and the insurance company. If you are happy with the compensation amount, you can proceed.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit: If there is no settlement between you and the insurance company, you can file a lawsuit in court. A legal action will be initiated to seek compensation for the damages through the court system.